If you’re just looking for a watch that reads Rolex, and actually don’t really mind if actually says Roledex, then you’re fine. Just get the cheapest one you’ll find. But if you’re after a real fine timepiece and you are also willing to invest your kid’s college fund on that special watch – there are a few things you should take into consideration.
Buying a luxury watch is not less time consuming than buying a house. If you’re going to put in some big money, you probably want to make sure you buy the real deal. There are so many fakes and replicas out there, and when you aim for high, you should really watch out.
– Watch out from too good to be trues. Luxury watches aren’t being sold in a hotdog stand on the street. Prices of luxury watches can’t be 100 dollars. Neither $250. A good watch costs good money, period.
– Look for serial number. The seller should be able to provide you a legitimate manufacturer serial number. Stolen watches or fake watches will not have a serial number of course. A serial number should be engraved on the watch and should come with all the relevant paperwork.
– Go to the manufacturer’s website. Not only you’d be able to find a list of preferred vendors, but you will also be able to learn about specific models. If you see a model you’re interested in, check if it exists on the manufacturer’s website. Also, you should make sure that the watch you intend to buy and the watch that is displayed on the manufacturer website match. Do the same thing when you get the watch delivered, because you might not notice, or forget the small details.
– Be ware of suspicious Discounts. Luxury watch can be on sale. But they never go under 50 percent.
– Don’t fall for “Swiss Like” and such. Some fake watched may carry a fancy name, but if you don’t recognize it – then it’s probably a fake. There aren’t so many luxury brands out there to begin with.
– Google your watch. You’re googling everything anyhow. There are numerous sites and reviews and forums with many discussion boards about luxury watches. You can also find interesting tips and information. Did you know that Rolex never manufactured a watch with a glass or clear case back? Rolex does not engrave any logos on the back as well. Rolex watches always have a clear back. And that’s just the beginning.
Yes, this is a lot of information but you’re also putting a lot of money. You shouldn’t be afraid of buying a luxury online, as long as you do your homework. You can get pretty good deals online and a pretty good watch.